David Hume Kennerly is like Forrest Gump, except he was really there.
- JAMES EARL JONES
David Kennerly once said to me, ”˜In photography everything can be taught, except how to see.' In his photographs”¦ we see people and historical events through the keen, alert eye of an eminent camera artist.
- HERMAN WOUK, / Author of “The Winds of War
Kennerly modestly refers to himself as a ”˜political photographer.' That's true, as far as it goes. But it's like calling Matthew Brady a ”˜war photographer' or Thomas Eakins a ”˜Philadelphia portrait painter.' Kennerly is as good as it gets in a craft he defined.
- HOWARD FINEMAN / Editorial director of the AOL Huffington Post Media Group
David's work is of the highest caliber, and he is one of the great American photographers. His specialty is photographing people, and nobody does it better.
- JULES & GEDEON NAUDET / Independent filmmakers and Executive Producers of Discovery Channel documentary “The Presidents Gatekeepers”
Pulitzer Prize winning photographer David Hume Kennerly's lifestyle photography used in Girl Scounts major national advertising campaigns and on the covers of our iconic Girl Scout Cookie Boxes redesign in 2012, captured the spirit and determination of the organization through his delightful portraits of our girls in action.
- MIRRA HERNANDEZ / Marketing Brand Manager Girl Scouts of the USA
Kennerly has proved to be an exceptional resource for Bank of America, specifically as the portraits he takes for us go directly to the heart and character of the people he photographs. He is also the consummate professional who delivers his work on or before any deadline that we require.
- PAMELA SEAGLE / Bank of America Senior Vice President - Enterprise Marketing
He possesses the rare ability to synthesize the heart and soul of an individual or situation into singular compelling images.
- MICHELLE NUNN / CEO Points of Light